Sunday, July 1, 2007

You have got to be kidding me!

So, I haven't had this happen in years, but I....sigh...ran out of yarn.

On the bind-off round. Those of you who haven't gotten to it yet, make sure to allocate more than a full ball of yarn for that ruffle (if you're using Rowan Denim). That thing is a yarn-eating monster. I'm kicking myself for not knowing better -- I knew it would be close, but I thought I'd squeak by.

So, there are two LYS open today in my neck of the woods that carry Rowan (not sure if they stock Denim...much less my dye lot), so I'll be hitting those up before starting to search on the web (I initially bought the yarn from Webs, but they're out of stock).

Wish me luck. There's no way I'm ripping back and removing rows in order to avoid buying more yarn...like I said, that ruffle is a monster!

ETA: One of my LYS had Rowan Denim in stock...in my color...but not my dye lot. I brought a scrap with me to compare the two in natural light, and while it isn't an exact match, it's very close (it's just ever-so-slightly darker -- the tone is the same). Given that the yarn fades with washing and bleeds all over the place, I bought a ball and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be too obvious. I think I may improvise a little clutch out of the leftovers for a friend.

4 comments:

Wishful Knitting said...

I feel your pain! Good luck and I hope you find your yarn...on the bright side, if you have to go with another dye lot, it would hardly be noticeable so close to the end : )

Amanda said...

Thanks! I'll be heading out on my yarn hunt soon. I figure if I can't find my dye lot and it's close, I'll go ahead and buy it, what with it only covering about 1/3 of the bind-off round. At least now I can make the drawstring instead of buying a ribbon (looking on the bright side, here)!

Stephanie said...

If you can't find your yarn, let me know the dye lot and I'll look at my LYS. I can buy you a ball and mail it to you.

Good luck!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Stephanie!

Unfortunately, of the two LYS I went to yesterday, one doesn't carry any denim yarns at all, and the other...was closed. Even though their website said they'd be open (I can't even begin to describe how annoying I find this). However, they had a child's sweater in the window made out of, you guessed it, Rowan Denim. So, I'll swing by there later this week (they're closed on Mondays as well).