Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Indigo Ripples Skirt has had to take a back seat. I tried on what I had done and it was way to big. I mean another sizing dimension altogether! I have decided to put it to one side until I get the exact yarn as I don't know if it was caused by the yarn or my bad maths. (most likely the maths combined with my lack of skill with circular needles!) Once I save up and get the yarn then I'll know for sure!

Hopefully I might get it this weekend (payday woohoo) if I can find a supplier!
Otherwise any substitute yarn ideas would be most welcome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bound off mine and made in brownsheep cotn fleece. It fits perfectly for me. So that could be a sub.

Sinéad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sinéad said...

I've had a look at the BrownSheep Cotton Fleece and it looks like gorgeous yarn. It's a shame there's no Irish retailers. I looked online and it would be approx €100 ($135) for the yarn I would need.
Still, I'll keep it in mind!

Wishful Knitting said...

Hey there Holly, I am the queen of gauge problems- if you want to try again with your yarn, I would be willing to help you with the math. I worked out a bunch of numbers when I was picking a yarn. I too chose the Cotton Fleece- it runs $7.00 a skein where I bought it- but maybe the shipping would get you.

Sinéad said...

Hi wishful knitting,

That's really kind of you, thanks!
I might just take you up on that offer...

I'll hopefully be in touch next week!

Pressure Washing Santa Ana said...

Hi thanks for postting this