Saturday, June 9, 2007

Off to a late start...

I joined this KAL awhile ago, but had a couple other things ahead of it in the queue...

I finally managed to start knitting this today. I'm using Rowan Denim in Nashville (that dark, dark blue), and US 5 needles (like everyone else, I was wowed by Eunny's finished skirt). I decided to try my hand at modifying the fit of the skirt. I won't get into the exact way I'm going about it, but the end result (I hope) is that instead of hitting at my waist, the top of the skirt will sit a couple inches lower -- low waist or high hip (I really can't stand having anything tight around my stomach).

No pics yet, but I've got about 3.5-4 inches done (one ball of Denim). And tons of blue dye on my hands.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oooh. I was thinking of knitting another one in that dark dark denim blue. I can't wait to see yours!

Michelle said...

My skirt sits lower than my waist, at high hip. I didn't change anything in the shaping, but I tried it on several times to make sure it was going to work. I'm very short-waisted, so maybe that's why I didn't need to modify the shaping. Good luck!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the info, Michelle! When I've looked at finished skirts, it seems that some ride low, and some don't. I have about 13 inches or so done, so I was able to try it on last night -- it rides at high hip (I think I've got a long waist -- or maybe my short legs make it look that way!), which works for me (can't tell for absolutely sure until I get a tie through those eyelets, though, since the waistband curls-out right now...guess my cast-on is a little loose).