Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hi!

I'm Elizabeth and how exciting! I love this skirt so much, I really need to start wearing it but unfortunately I never go anywhere that requires dressing up. The skirt took me roughly one week to finish. I used Silk City Cotton Perle 3/2 on Addi Turbo size 6's(US). The skirt is slightly longer than the pattern calls for. If I knit another one I'll probably make it so that it sits lower on my hips and maybe go down one needle size. BTW, I really enjoyed knitting with the SC cotton, I wasn't sure if i'd like it because the yarn is spun so tightly but it ends up draping very nicely and it's soft.











4 comments:

Teri said...

Thanks for joining the KAL! Your skirt turned out great!

Dotty said...

The skirt looks awesome! Out of curiosity, how long is the stockinette portion?

Michelle said...

Your skirt looks great! I can't wait to finish mine (though I don't think it'll look as good on me as yours does on you).

Elizabeth said...

Thank you everyone!

Dotty - the stockinette portion is 11.5". Hope that helps and sorry it took me so long to respond.